I know this is old news already, but I had to show some love to Phil the groundhog. The poor little guy was rudely awoken on a Monday morning, dragged out of his warm bed and had to make a public appearance before getting to brush his teeth or wipe the sleepies from his eyes.
If someone did that to me, it would NOT be a pretty sight. I’d be a veritable fashion disaster: black sweatpants, a Boston University t-shirt, a fluffy sweatshirt, monkey slippers and I’d be wrapped tightly around my down blanket (which the allergist says I have to part with *sob* *snifle* *cry*). Plus, you’d see me sans makeup-the HORROR! This is an okay look in front of Hubby-he sees me without makeup all the time and swears he can’t tell if I’m wearing any or not. I think he needs to make an appointment at the eye doctor STAT!
I’m not sure if I necessarily believe in a cute little furry guy determining the weather, but if we’re going to have 6 extra weeks of winter, let’s make the most of it, shall we?
Miss Bliss’ Six Tips to Enjoy the rest of winter:
1. Get your feet winterized! The Billow from FitFlop is on sale for $99.99 and all February long you’ll receive a free full-sized Lovehandler with every purchase (except gift cards and e-cards). Your feet will be ready for winter + your abs will be ready for that itsy bitsy bikini come summertime!
2. Get bundled up! White + Warren Loose Cashmere Wrap is so soft you’ll never want to take it off (and why should you!). The best part? 50% of proceeds benefit the Women at Risk, a breast cancer research firm.
3. Get physical! Nothing helps boost my mood like a good workout at the gym. Yoga is a personal favorite of mine. I have a *slight* addiction to cute yoga clothes. Velvet is one of my most crush-worthy brands. Their clothes last for a million washes and the color never fades. And they’re so soft. If you’re an NYC yoga babe, I highly recommend Yoga Works. They just opened up a studio in SoHo right near Bliss HQ and a bunch of us lucky Blissers were recently treated to a free yoga class. We’ve been Om-ing our way around the office ever since.
4. Get a massage + do good at the same time. Our r.e.s.t. massage lets you give back while you relax your back (and the rest of you). Includes an hour of kneading and 15 minutes of either reflexology or scalp massage. 20% of profits go to The R.E.S.T. Initiative, which calms patients with complimentary massages in their chemotherapy treatment rooms.
5. Quench dry skin with our best-selling body product: Lemon + Sage Body Butter!. If your skin has been mistaken for the bark of a redwood tree more than once in the past couple of months, you might want to consider switching your moisturizer! The Crocadile look is sooooo last season.
6. Nominate a glam-loving good samaritan to win a free Best of Skintentions (bonus: nominators receive one as well for taking the time to give their good samaritan a shout out!).
….and it all else fails, go on a tropical vacation + sip some fruity libations by the beach!